Here at Best Products, we know that you want to buy the best fuel stabilizers in order to keep your gas fresh and to help it last longer. While the entire world is moving towards more clean and green renewable energy, it’s still not everywhere.
Spending money on high quality stabilizers can help save you money and preserve the quality of your gas for many months to come!
Check out our list of the best fuel stabilizers to buy to give your gas a longer life.
|STA-BIL||Best Overall|| |
|STA-BIL||Budget Pick|| |
|STA-BIL 22213 Fuel Stabilizer||Upgrade Pick|| |
Based on customer reviews this fuel stabilizer is recommended for a wide range of uses, from boosting the octane of motor oil for engines to adding performance and vitamin enhancement to your lawn mower.
It's supposed to increase the efficiency as well as the performance of your engines and supposedly even helps your engines spark plugs to live longer. It's also been advertised for use as a fuel preservative and is also a fuel oxygenator.
It works a lot like a tonic for your engine or as an additive to your tank. It works by helping your vehicle to get the most bang for its buck from your fuel. This means more miles per tank and better performance for your vehicle
2. Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment Concentrate
- Reduce Emissions
- Increase Horsepower
This Enzyme Fuel treatment is an easy-to-use fuel treatment that does what it' supposed to do. With this, you don't have to worry about how safe your stored fuel in your storage tanks is. It neutralizes the harmful gasses given off by ethanol and water in old gas, preventing the formation of acids that can damage your throttle body, intake valves and fuel injectors when the engine is re-started. It detoxifies old gas with an enzyme formula. It reduces exhaust emissions and can improve your mpg by 5% to 10%. Additionally, it produces about 100 to 200 extra horsepower.
It is good for holding tank treatment, stabilizing stored fuel for the off-season, or for treating ethanol contaminated fuel and improving mpg.
3. PRI Fuel Stabilizer
- New, improved formula
- Advance technology to protect against harmful loss of octane rating
- Can be used in any type of fuel or diesel system
- Improves efficiency
- Increases horsepower and acts as a lubricant
- Easily soluble
- Safe to use in any type of engine
- Prevents varnish and gunk build up
- Protects fuel for up to 18 months
- Dissolves instantly
4. Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment
- Up to 1 Quart Capacity
- Great for long trips
- Best for ethanol-based fuels like ethanol and E85 ethanol
- Fast acting
- 8-ounce bottle only treats 8 gallons of fuel
- Clearance may be low in smaller tanks
- Long-distance travel needs a lot of product
The Star Tron enzyme Fuel Treatment does a great job of stabilizing fuels for long-distance travel. Most fuel stabilizers control the small amount of ethanol in your fuel by simply boiling off the ethanol. Not Star Tron.
It gradually breaks down the harmful gums and varnishes that form in your fuel. You can add Star Tron directly to any ethanol-based fuel.
It works longer and more effectively than other fuel stabilizers in the industry. This makes it ideal for long trips and long periods of time where you can’t add fuel. Take it for a test drive today, and know that your fuel is not going to turn to gum in your tank.
5. Yamaha ACC-FSTAB-PL-32 Fuel Stabilizer & Conditioner
- Easy to use
- Stabilizes fuel for up to 6 months
With the Yamaha ACC-FSTAB-PL-32, you’ll use less fuel stabilizer and conditioner. It’s the only product on the market that is mixed in with the fuel to deliver the same performance as the larger, and pricier, cans.
The product can stabilize and condition fuel for up to six months to help keep fuel fresh for your ATV or off-road motorcycle.
- Easy to use
- Cleans System While Stabilizing
- Established brand
Ethanol-treated engines are particularly vulnerable to fuel-related problems caused by the exposure to oxygen and contaminants in the storage container. This need has resulted in the invention and distribution of fuel stabilizers which prevent such damage. Gasoline additive STA-BIL Ethanol Fuel Treatment & Stabilizer features a unique formulation which prevents oxidation and storage fuel deterioration in standard and midgrade gasoline and other fuels. With its 360 protection, STA-BIL treats stabilizes up to 160 gallons of fuel.
Under normal and infrequent use, stabilized fuel will keep the full 12-month shelf life. However, if ethanol treated fuel is not stabilized and stored correctly, it may cause engine problems from corrosion within just a few days.
There are two very important times of the year when you should consider adding an ethanol gasoline stabilizer: during the winter when your garage is closed and fuel is being stored and when your boat goes into winter hibernation. Great for use in RVs, automobiles, motorcycles, and gas-powered lawn and garden equipment. For best results, use STA-BIL for ethanol during the storage season.
7. Briggs & Stratton 100119 Fuel Treatment Replaces 100119WEB
- Provides excellent protection for up to 1 full year
- Made in the USA
- Good longevity- 65oz will last 2 years (15 gal. gas tank)
- Cannot be shipped through USPS
- Leaves a petroleum-based residue
This fuel stabilizer from Briggs & Stratton is probably the most popular one on the market. I have personally used it in the off-season while I look for an alternative, so let’s take a closer look.
Just like the other stabilizers on this list, the Briggs & Stratton can really extend the life of fuel. In fact, it boasts a one-year lifespan, unlike many competitors that end up lasting about one month.
Compared to other leading stabilizers, this is the best as it lasts twice as long. You also get more bang for your buck with this one, basically buying 14 gallons for the price of one gallon of other leading brands.
8. Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer 11722
- Good Price
- Boasts excellent reviews
- Contains anti-oxidants
- Available in only one size
- Contains petroleum distillates
The Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer by Royal Purple is formulated to prevent fuel breakdown in a vehicle’s motor. By keeping the fuel fresh, your vehicle’s performance won’t suffer. It also helps to extend the life of your vehicle’s overall fuel system and helps to keep your vehicle in top condition.
This product is available in only one size and is said to work for engines ranging from 3.8 to 6L in size.
Royal Purple has built this product with a light petroleum distillate to help remove deposits and other harmful liquids from your system. It also contains an assortment of anti-oxidants that help to keep your fuel system fresh.
9. Star brite Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment
- Effective in Extreme Temperatures
- Removes Water and Air From Fuel
- Consistent Ethanol Content
- Dumping requirement
When you’re deep in the backcountry and need a quality fuel stabilizer, Star Tron is your ticket to efficient and effective ethanol stabilization.
This 32 oz. container is super concentrated, which means you don’t have to go overboard when you measure it. This is great for extended trips where you would rather only have to worry about carrying one good size container with you and not have to refill.
It also comes with a scoop that you can use to measure out your needs at the time of use. Star Tron comes with a light, citrus fragrance, which is pleasant (even to the rest of the camp) and dissipates quickly.
- compatible with all diesel fuels, from standard diesel to ULSD
- provides an immediate and substantial fuel performance improvement
- ideal for use at the workplace, the farm, around the house, or in any other diesel-powered equipment
- STA-BIL (22254) stabilizer is a great value for your diesel fuel storage needs
- one of the most trusted names in the aftermarket additives market
- Not compatible with biodiesel blends of 20% bio content or greater or any ethanol-blend fuels.
- the EPA has not evaluated this product and has not issued registration for its use in on-road diesel applications.
- To avoid vehicle damage, never add fuel-stabilizing products to your fuel tank before or after use. Add the product to a full tank of diesel.
- This product is not for sale or use in California.
The STA-BIL (22254) diesel protects, cleans and rejuvenates your diesel fuel from the day you add it to the day you refill your tank.
Stabilizing properties keep your fuel fresh so your equipment performs at optimal levels.
STA-BIL makes that easy with the patented spout and precision measuring cap that lets you add just the right amount of product.
11. STA-BIL 22213 Fuel Stabilizer
- Widely Available Online
- Three Year Shelf-Life
- Widely Recommended by Boat Owners
- No-Fuss Application
- Great for Cars
- More Expensive Than Other Stabilizers
- Not Suitable For More Thorough Maintenance
When it comes to fuel stabilizers, STA-BIL is the brand to turn to. It was specially designed for recreational vehicles, but it found a home with avid boaters who want to make sure they don’t have a problem out on the water. Like other STA-BIL products, this one will prevent fuel from forming gum and varnish, and keep it from going bad. It will also keep moisture away from your fuel, and does so without creating its own fumes – smells can be a side-effect of fuel freezing, but these fumes won’t be trailing behind your boat and impairing you.
The STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer is incredibly easy to apply. It only takes a few minutes and can be done right from the comfort of your boat (instructional video is available on the product’s Amazon page). Simply add a stabilizer color packet on top of your storage box, fill it with fuel, and your boat will be ready to go no matter how long it takes you to use it. One bottle can treat 4.
12. Briggs & Stratton 100118 8 oz. Fuel Treatment Replaces 100118
- Solid Build Quality
- Provides Great Protection Against Water
Just like our previous pick, the Briggs & Stratton fuel stabilizer is affordable and compact. It will protect your gasoline for up to a year. Installing the stabilizer is as simple as pouring it into your gas tank. This particular size is enough for up to 12.5 gallons of gasoline.
This particular additive has a very solid build quality. The packaging is durable and it comes with a convenient carrying handle. It also contains a handy measuring cup for easy dosage. This product has one of the best ratings on Amazon. It is perfect for everyday and emergency use thanks to its affordable price.
Try out this fuel stabilizer if you’re worried about fuel damage in your vehicle.
This is the perfect treatment for RVs, cars, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, marine engines and more. Your fuel stays fresh longer even in storage for 120 days for all gas including ethanol blended fuels. It’s the only fuel stabilizer with our patented additive technology that can stabilize all gas, including ethanol blended fuels.
This is the only fuel stabilizer that will effectively combat ethanol-induced fuel degradation, keeping your stored fuel fresh for months. This is a solid, pourable formula that doesn’t gel, so it’s easy to use.
14. Sentry New Technology Fuel Treatment
- Eliminates impurities and water
- Meets all of EPA's requirements
- Reduces corrosion, varnish, and carbon buildup
- Removes odor
- Will not harm equipment
- Meets all specification requirements for gas
- Has an indefinite shelf life
- Made in the USA
- Simple use: add 1 oz per tank when you fill up
- Works in both gasoline engines and diesel engines
- Can stain clothing on contact
- Possible confusion caused by the 'marine/power steering' version of the formula sold by distributors when the original Gasoline Plus formula was made for both gas and marine.
- The Gas Plus Marine/Power Steering formula is confusingly named although it is primarily marketed for use in power-steered automobiles and marine applications. This formula has the same OE specific additive package as Gas Plus is otherwise proprietary. This additive package is the same as is found in the current production of the Gas Plus Marine/PWC Formula.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best fuel stabilizer on the market?
Boat owners know that powerful and reliable engine protection is crucial for their safety when out on the water. What they might not realize is that the same protection from ignition problems is just as essential for tailgating, camping and any other type of outside excursion. The best fuel stabilizer can help keep your tank from deteriorating so that hot starts and cold starts are a thing of the past.
Which fuel stabilizer for the motorcycle is the best?
Fuel stabilizers are great for keeping the fuel in your tank from degrading. It helps the fuel stay fresh for longer and protects the inner workings of your engine.
There are three types of fuel stabilizer:
- Ethanol Stabilizer
- Moisture Neutralizer
- Water Remover
Do fuel stabilizers really work?
You certainly won’t have to worry about the additive deteriorating once you put it in your gas tank, but you might not see a huge difference in the quality of gas. If you’re someone who’s super sensitive about gas quality, and you’re using a fuel stabilizer from one of the big-name brands, you might notice a difference in the quality of fuel you get from a gas station versus the fuel you get when you add in the stabilizer ahead of time.
Is seafoam better than Stabil?
Some people enthusiastically proclaim that seafoam has been updated and is far superior. The truth is that modern Seafoam works effectively, is easier to find, and seems to be just as popular as ever.
While Stabil is a great product, Seafoam may be the better choice if it's available for your vehicle.
It's important to point out that there is a second product, originally made by Champion Labs, called Stabil. The original Stabil product is out of business and is no longer manufactured. It is still sold by certain outlets and can be found in some areas.
The product is still sold by certain outlets and can be found in some areas. The product was licensed to STP, which rebranded the product as "Seafoam" in the late '80s. STP eventually changed their label further, but the product is still the same.
Fuel stabilizers are used to prevent loss of octane in gasoline and some diesel fuel. The purpose of gasoline stabilizers is to reduce the evaporation of fuel in storage tanks and in the gasoline-powered fuel delivery system of your engine. Gasoline stabilizers also resist the breakdown of fuel by oxidation of the fuel inside your engine. This results in power surge and loss of fuel efficiency. Gasoline stabilizers contain antioxidants to control these fuel problems and extend the storage life of the fuel.
|STA-BIL||Best Overall|| |
|STA-BIL||Budget Pick|| |
|STA-BIL 22213 Fuel Stabilizer||Upgrade Pick|| |